Beginners Courses 2017
Beginners course for only $79 (regular $95) plus get a yoga mat* for $5 only
Pranayama and meditation course for only $49(regular $70)
Absolute Beginners Course in Hatha Yoga and Meditation
To read more about the courses click on the link below about_absolute_beginners_course_in_hatha_yoga_and_meditation.docx
Comments about the courses
I first started taking Viv’s class 2 years ago at Om Yoga Wellness Centre in Seventeen Mile Rocks, when I was not in a great shape mentally and physically, and can I just tell you, I was amazed at his teaching technique. Not only is he methodical and proper but he is also very creative, spiritual and extremely knowledgeable. I have also been privileged in receiving private tuition with him, and let me tell you, he knows his yoga for sure. Not only does he releases stress and kinks out of your body, his meditation technique is unique. He is amazing at what he does and he is extremely intuitive with the art of meditation. - Sandy, 34
Please do not go by my review, take a class of his, experience the meditation at the end and make up your mind accordingly. My experience with Viv has been memorable and he has not only been an important part of my Yoga journey, but also an important teacher in my life. I am grateful that we have such an experienced teacher, at our disposal. Take advantage people. - Brett, 28
Vivek is a great teacher. I always feel more relaxed, centred and calm at his words, even when sometimes I am not feeling that way before. The Gentle yoga practice has helped me to improve my flexibility and physical balance and also given a certain amount of strength. It even helps with psychological balance. - Anita, 46
Please arrive at least 5 minute before the scheduled time so that you have enough time to find a space to put your mat and settle for the class. The class begin as per the the stated time. In case you are running late please let us know or if you arrive late and the external door is locked call us on the numbers listed on the sign board and someone will let you in.
What if I miss a beginners Yoga class?
You can attend a make up Gentle Yoga class on any day within the 4-week term that you're enrolled in.
What if I am really stiff and inflexible?
If you are inflexible you will benefit greatly from practising yoga. Your teachers will offer variations and modifications that will help you learn at your own pace. If you are unsure whether you are able to participate in Yoga classes, please consult your healthcare professional for advice.
What are my options once I have completed the Beginners Yoga course?
Upon completion of the Beginners course you can decide to re-enrol in the same course or if you feel ready you can join the on going Gentle or Intermediate Yoga classes. You can purchase a five/ten/fifteen or a twenty class pass.
What should I wear and bring?
Please wear loose comfortable clothing and bring along your yoga mat, towel and a water bottle.
If you do not have a yoga mat, we can provide you a clean one at a nominal fee of $2/class.
Yoga mats can also be purchased at the centre starting at $18.
What happens if after joining the course, I decide not to continue . Can I get a refund?
We really hope you love it! Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer refunds for the course once they have begun. Cancellation 3 days prior to the start of the class/course will be refunded minus a $20 processing fee. And please note booking will only be confirmed after full payment.
- Please arrive no later than 5 minutes prior to class starts so that you can comfortably settle into class , as classes start on time.
- Please bring your own mat, towel and a water bottle. You can hire a mat for $2 per session.
- If you arrive and find the door closed, please patiently wait outside ,it simply means that the class before yours is still in progress. The door will open for your class as soon as the previous class is finished. Please maintain silence in the foyer while waiting for classes to finish.
- The classes begin at the stated time. The class starting time should not be your arrival time and it is disruptive to the teacher and your fellow participants to arrive late. If you are late for unavoidable reasons, please ring us on the numbers listed on the sign board and somebody will let you in. Then please join class and roll mats out quietly. If you miss your class because of late arrival arrange for a makeup class by contacting us at your earliest. we will not be able to offer any refunds for missing a class..
- Please note that there will be no refunds or partial refunds once you have joined the course. The casual rate per class for a visitor is $25/class.
- If possible arrive dressed for class. Alternatively we have rest room where you can change.Wear light ,comfortable clothes and casual slippers/thongs.
- All Participants are required to fill and sign the Registration Form before participation in classes.
- Upon arrival please leave your shoes outside on the racks provided. All classes are done barefoot. The practice area is a shoe free zone. We advise you not to wear expensive shoes as they are left outside.
- No EFTPOS facilities are available at the Centre.
- Please switch off or mute your mobile phone
- While in the class or while waiting outside for your class to commence please keep the sound level to the minimum by moving quietly and using a hushed voice as others may be in meditation or deep relaxation.
- Upon arrival be sure to fill the registration form, and advise your teacher before class if you have any illness or injuries to be considered during your practice.
- Wear comfortable clothing in which you can move freely.
- Avoid heavy meals before coming to the class.
- Respect the limitations of your body by working around its weaknesses and restrictions - do not force your body in a stretch or posture
*Limited number of mats available.